How to Convert WMV to AVI?
2019-03-19 01:31:20 Posted by Amanda1861
Summary: How to convert WMV to AVI? It’s very easy to convert WMV to AVI or other formats if you have the right tool. Here we will talk about some WMV to AVI converters and show you the detailed conversion steps.
WMV stands for Windows Media Video and is a format created by Microsoft to work alongside Windows Media Player and other proprietary software. The format was very popular back in the day and still is to some extent, however, it’s quickly starting to lose in favor of other formats like MP4 and AVI. That is because WMV has certain drawbacks, such as the inability to be played natively on iOS devices, which make it an increasingly less popular choice for many users. Luckily, it’s very easy to convert WMV to AVI or other formats that are compatible with any mainstream multimedia player if you have the right tool. With that in mind, today we’re going to talk about some of the best tools for that job.
How to Convert WMV to AVI Using DVDFab Video Converter
If you want to easily and efficiently convert WMV to AVI on Windows or Mac, your best bet is to go for DVDFab Video Converter. This is a very powerful tool that can handle all types of formats, including 3D and 4K, so a simple WMV to AVI conversion will definitely not be a problem. One of the great things about this tool is its ability to maintain the video and audio quality during the conversion process so you can expect the output video to look and sound just as good as the original. In addition, DVDFab Video Converter also offers file merging, batch conversion, and plenty of editing and customization options to work with in order to ensure that users get the exact result they want every single time. Here’s how you can convert WMV to AVI using DVDFab Video Converter:
1. Open the new DVDFab 11 client and go to the Converter module to get started.
2. Load the WMV file you want to convert by using the “+” button or simply by using the good old drag & drop method. If you want to convert a video from your smartphone use the “Add from Mobile” option instead.
3. Go to the Profile Switcher to select the desired format for the output. In this case we want to convert WMV to AVI so we’re going to pick the AVI option from the list. If you want to customize the video, now would be the time to do so. Use the Advanced Settings menu to change the video quality, resolution, frame rate, and more or use the Video Edit menu to crop and trim the video or add subtitles and watermarks.
4. Finally, click the Start button to begin the conversion and wait a few moments until the process is complete.
How to Convert WMV to AVI Using Freemake Video Converter
FVC is a free WMV to AVI converter for Windows 7 and later. The tool supports video conversion between many different formats and is very easy to use thanks to its minimalistic interface. The editing tools aren’t very impressive but they do work well for basic customization. Here’s how it works:
1. Open Freemake Video Converter and select the Video option at the top to get started. This will open a new window that lets you load the file you want to convert.
2. Once the file has been loaded you can use the preview window that pops up automatically to edit the video if needed. Click the OK button when you’re done.
3. We want to convert WMV to AVI so we’re going to pick the “to AVI” option from the bottom menu. Once the format has been select, you can pick the preset and where to save the output.
4. Click the Convert button when you’re done and wait until the tool finishes processing your file.
How to Convert WMV to AVI Using Online Video Converter
You can also convert WMV to AVI online using a tool like Online Video Converter. You don’t get as many customization options with this one and the conversion process might be fairly slow depending on your internet connection. However, it’s a good alternative for those who don’t want to download and install new software on their computer. Here’s how it works:
1. Visit the Online Video Converter website and pick the option labeled Convert a Video File.
2. Click the Select or Drop File button to load the video you want to convert.
3. After the video has been uploaded, select the AVI option from the menu on the next page.
4. Click Start and wait until the website finishes processing your video. Click the Download button on the next page or scan the QR code to download the video directly to your mobile device.
There are many tools that allow you to convert WMV to AVI or various other formats. Some of them give you more options to work with than others so you’ll probably want to go with DVDFab Video Converter if you want to get the most out of video conversion tool. The software is part of DVDFab 11, an excellent software suite that offers a variety of other useful tools as well so be sure to check it out.