How to Convert RMVB Videos to MP4
2019-03-28 23:07:14 Posted by Gabriel1418
Summary: Lots of players don’t support RMVB files, but we could convert RMVB to MP4 which is a mainstream video format. Here we will show you how to convert RMVB videos to MP4.
Everybody is familiar with commonly used video formats like MP4, MKV or AVI but every now and again you may come across a format that you had no idea even existed. RMVB is such a format for a lot of people and it can be a bit frustrating because a lot of players don’t support these files unless you download specific codecs for them. That is why today we’re going to take a look at how to convert RMVB to MP4 so that you won’t have to worry about compatibility issues with this format ever again.
Part 1: RMVB and Why We Need to Convert RMVB to MP4 Format
RMVB stands for RealMedia Variable Bitrate, which is a good description of what this format actually is. RMVB files are an extension of the standard RealMedia (RM) container that have been compressed using a variable bit rate and are optimized specifically for the video data it houses. These files use a more efficient compression method compared to the standard RM files and are therefore usually smaller in size. The video quality isn’t too bad either but because this is a relatively new format, you’ll find that a lot of players struggle to play these types of files.
So is it better to convert RMVB to MP4 or try finding a compatible media player? Well, that all depends on which platform you’re on and how much you like downloading additional players. Aside from RealPlayer and a couple of other options, you’ll find that most media players will not be able to properly run RMVB files. In some cases you can download third-party codecs that will expand the capabilities of your player and allow it to handle RMVB files but finding the right codecs is always a hassle.
As far as the platform is concerned, it’s worth noting that some operating systems are much worse at handling RMVB files than others even if you do have a compatible player. For instance, you’ll have an easier time playing these files on Windows or Mac than on mobile devices, gaming consoles or smart TVs. Another reason why you should learn how to convert RMVB to MP4 is related to video quality. MP4 files use the H.264 encoding method, which is a more efficient compression standard that does a much better job at preserving video quality.
Part 2: How to Convert RMVB Videos to MP4 Losslessly
Now that you know why you should consider converting RMVB to MP4, let’s talk about how you can do it. The method we recommend is by using DVDFab Video Converter, a very powerful and easy to use tool that allows you to convert files between a large variety of different formats, including RMVB to MP4. The software also includes many useful editing and customization tools that you can use to personalize your videos before you convert them. For example, you may want to cut or trim certain parts, change the resolution or aspect ratio, and add subtitles or watermarks. All of that and much more can be easily achieved with DVDFab Video Converter. Here’s how it works:
1. Open DVDFab 11 and go to the Converter module to get started. Drag & drop the RMVB file you want to convert anywhere inside the UI or use the “+” button and then navigate to its location on your computer.
2. Go to the Profile Switcher in the upper left corner to pick the output format. In this case, we’re doing an RMVB to MP4 conversion so we’re going to pick the MP4 option but feel free to pick any of the other available formats if you want to perform a different type of conversion.
3. As an optional step, you can spend a few minutes checking out the Video Edit and Advanced Settings menus to edit and customize your files before conversion if necessary. Use any of the tools and options to adjust your videos and then proceed to the final step.
4. Once everything looks perfect, you can use the bottom dropdown menu to pick a different destination folder for the output if you’re not happy with the default one. Finally, click the green Start button and wait until the software finishes processing your file.
Although you don’t necessarily have to convert RMVB to MP4 in every situation, it does come in handy to know how to do it just in case you can’t find a compatible player or you’re on a platform that tends to struggle with these types of files. There are a few other methods that allow you to convert RMVB to MP4 but we found that the easiest and most efficient way is to simply use DVDFab Video Converter. Not only can this software help you convert files but it also allows you to edit and customize them, which is always very helpful, so don’t hesitate to check it out.
Read here, we have known RMVB and how to convert RMVB to MP4. Then would you like to download the MP4 from YouTube? We share 15 Hollywood movies and tell you how to free download MP4 hollywood movies.
1. Download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and over 1000 other sites
2. Allow users to choose their preferred video quality to download, up to 8K in resolution
3. Download an entire playlist or process 5 download tasks to maximize work efficiency
4. Enable turbo-speed to download 10 times faster so as to save users' invaluable time